Chart Frequently Asked Questions

On February 19, 2016, Weyerhaeuser Company and Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. merged. The combined company retains the Weyerhaeuser name and continues to be traded under the WY ticker symbol on the New York Stock Exchange.

The FAQs below are specific to WY stock and shareholders.


Visit our Plum Creek Legacy Info section for details and FAQ for former shareholders.


1. When was Weyerhaeuser formed and when did it become a public company?

We started out as the Weyerhaeuser Timber Company, incorporated in the State of Washington in 1900, when Frederick Weyerhaeuser and 15 partners bought 900,000 acres of timberland. Today, we are one of the world’s largest private owners of timberlands.

2. What are Weyerhaeuser’s main businesses?

We have three main business segments: Timberlands; Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources; and Wood Products.

3. Where are Weyerhaeuser’s shares listed?

Our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol WY.

4. Who are the top Weyerhaeuser leaders?

Information about Weyerhaeuser's board of directors and senior management team is located in the company section of this website.

5. What is Weyerhaeuser’s approach to corporate social responsibility?

For more than a hundred years, Weyerhaeuser has been building and enhancing a reputation for responsible corporate citizenship and we are committed to operating as a sustainable company. Each year we publish a Sustainability Highlights report to provide an overview of our economic, environmental and social performance. To learn more about Weyerhaeuser's commitment to corporate social responsibility, visit the Sustainability section of our website.

1. Who is Weyerhaeuser’s transfer agent and registrar?

Weyerhaeuser's transfer agent is Computershare. Computershare maintains the records for our registered shareholders and can help shareholders with a variety of issues at no charge. Registered shareholders can access their account information by contacting Computershare via internet, phone or email. For details, visit our Shareholder Services Transfer Agent page.

2. I have misplaced my share certificates, what should I do?

Please contact Computershare, the transfer agent.

3. How do I obtain replacement share certificates?

Please contact Computershare, the transfer agent.

4. How do I change my address?
  1. If you hold the stock in "street name," contact your broker/dealer where your shares are held.

  2. If you are a registered shareholder, you can submit address changes to Weyerhaeuser's transfer agent, Computershare, in three ways:

Internet - Visit Computershare's Investor Center
Phone - Call Computershare Shareholder Services using either touch tone or voice recognition services at one of the following numbers:

  • Toll Free: 800-561-4405
  • Hearing Impaired: 800-490-1493
  • Foreign Shareholders: 201-680-6578
  • Foreign Hearing Impaired: 781-575-4592


  • Regular mail:
    P.O. Box 43006
    Providence, RI  02940-3078
    United States
  • Registered or overnight mail:
    150 Royall St., Suite 101
    Canton, MA  02021
    United States
5. Do you offer a dividend reinvestment or a direct stock purchase plan?

Yes, we have Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plans. For enrollment information, please contact Computershare.

6. When is the next Annual Shareholders’ meeting?

Information on dates and times regarding Weyerhaeuser’s Annual Shareholders' Meeting can be found in our annual proxy. Please visit our Quarterly & Annual Reports page to find the latest available copy.

1. Where can I get information about current financial performance?

We release earnings reports every quarter. To access the latest earnings financial information visit our Quarterly & Annual Reports page. You can also listen to the webcast or conference call replays by visiting our Events & Presentations page. To view our latest 10Q report, visit our SEC filings page.

2. Where can I find historical data on financial performance?

Our Quarterly & Annual Reports page includes financial data from 2005 to the present. Our SEC filings page includes financial data going back to 1994.

3. How can I get a copy of the most recent annual report?

Download a PDF version from the Quarterly & Annual Reports section of this website. You can also request a paper copy of our Annual Report & 10K, please fill out our publication request form.

4. Can I receive Weyerhaeuser’s press and earnings releases by email?

Yes. To do so, please sign up for our email alerts.

5. Are there quiet periods during which you can't disseminate news or answer questions?

In general, publicly held companies are required to be very careful to release news to everyone simultaneously. Due to these restrictions, there will be times at which we are unable to respond to certain inquiries. For example, the SEC requires public companies to be particularly cautious about any comments related to earnings between the end of each reporting period and the time when financial results are released. There may also be specific inquiries we are unable to answer at any time.

6. What is Weyerhaeuser’s fiscal year?

Weyerhaeuser’s fiscal year ends on December 31.

1. What is Weyerhaeuser’s dividend rate?

To view a history of Weyerhaeuser's dividends and a proposed schedule going forward, visit our Dividend Information page.

2. Can I have my dividends directly deposited into my bank account?

If you are a registered stockholder, you can have your dividend directly deposited into your bank account. Please contact Computershare, our Shareholder Services Transfer Agent, to set up direct deposit for your dividends.

If you are a beneficial stockholder (i.e., you own your stock in a brokerage account), you should contact your broker to see if they offer direct deposit.

3. Where's my dividend check?

If you are a registered stockholder and have not received your dividend check within a reasonable time after the dividend payment date, please contact Computershare, our Shareholder Services Transfer Agent .

If you are a beneficial stockholder (i.e., you own your stock in a brokerage account), you should contact your broker.

4. Do you offer a Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRIP)?
  1. Yes, we have Direct Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plans. For enrollment information, please contact Computershare.

5. How are Weyerhaeuser’s dividends taxed?

Because the income generated by the sale of standing timber is generally considered capital gains, much of the income generated by Weyerhaeuser and distributed to shareholders is taxed at capital gains rates. For copies of historical announcements regarding the tax treatment of our dividends, please visit our Dividend Information page.

6. I am not a U.S. investor. How are my dividends reported?

Generally, non-U.S. investors will receive a 1042-S reporting our dividends paid as "ordinary dividends." These dividends are subject to a U.S. tax withholding of 30 percent or the appropriate tax-treaty rate, whichever is lower.

7. When is dividend tax information provided?

If you are a registered shareholder, our transfer agent (Computershare) will mail the Form 1099-DIV to you, typically at the end of January. This information is also available through Computershare’s website, Investor Center, free of charge and you can view, download and print the most recent tax slip issued to you.  

If you hold your shares through a brokerage account, your broker will supply your tax information in the Form 1099 it issues to you.

8. Does Weyerhaeuser issue k-1 forms?

No, we provide annual tax information on Form 1099-DIV.

Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!

You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.

Update my browser now