Frequently Asked Questions

On February 19, 2016, Weyerhaeuser Company and Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. merged. The combined company retains the Weyerhaeuser name and continues to be traded under the WY ticker symbol on the New York Stock Exchange.

The FAQs below are specific to WY stock and shareholders.


Visit our Plum Creek Legacy Info section for details and FAQ for former shareholders.


1. When was Weyerhaeuser formed and when did it become a public company?

We started out as the Weyerhaeuser Timber Company, incorporated in the State of Washington in 1900, when Frederick Weyerhaeuser and 15 partners bought 900,000 acres of timberland. Today, we are one of the world’s largest private owners of timberlands.

2. What are Weyerhaeuser’s main businesses?

We have three main business segments: Timberlands; Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources; and Wood Products.

3. Where are Weyerhaeuser’s shares listed?

Our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol WY.

4. Who are the top Weyerhaeuser leaders?

Information about Weyerhaeuser's board of directors and senior management team is located in the company section of this website.

5. What is Weyerhaeuser’s approach to corporate social responsibility?

For more than a hundred years, Weyerhaeuser has been building and enhancing a reputation for responsible corporate citizenship. We are committed to operating as a sustainable company and are listed on the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index. Each year we publish a Sustainability Report to provide an overview of our economic, environmental and social performance. To learn more about Weyerhaeuser's commitment to corporate social responsibility, visit the Sustainability section of our website.

1. Who is Weyerhaeuser’s transfer agent and registrar?

Weyerhaeuser's transfer agent is Computershare. Computershare maintains the records for our registered shareholders and can help shareholders with a variety of issues at no charge. Registered shareholders can access their account information by contacting Computershare via internet, phone or email. For details, visit our Shareholder Services Transfer Agent page.

2. I have misplaced my share certificates, what should I do?

Please contact Computershare, the transfer agent.

3. How do I obtain replacement share certificates?

Please contact Computershare, the transfer agent.

Welcome to Weyerhaeuser's new website!

You appear to be using an older browser. This website is best viewed using the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you proceed without upgrading or switching browsers, you may not experience optimal navigation or page functionality. Thank you for your interest in Weyerhaeuser and we hope you enjoy your visit.

Update my browser now